Prepared to Succeed in the Finest High Schools
Our comprehensive academic plan focuses on proven educational practices that ignite the full academic potential of every student. Our plan includes:
- Foundational teaching protocols, including essential questions, vocabulary and daily assessments
- Differentiated instruction, with students receiving assignments tailored to their abilities
- Emphasis on writing mastery, problem solving, critical thinking and high-order reasoning
- Diagnosis of continued growth opportunities
- Development of Personal Learning Plans for every student
- Measurement of each student’s academic growth to identify opportunities
- Consistent feedback and collaboration with parents, including student-led parent/teacher conferences
As a result of this outcome-oriented approach, students are prepared for entry into their top choice high school. They also develop many of the skills they will need to succeed at the finest colleges or universities and in life in the 21st century.
We use a whole child approach that promotes intellectual, emotional and social growth, while emphasizing problem solving, critical thinking and high-order reasoning. To that end, our teachers work with every student to develop a Personal Learning Plan. This goal-setting process engages students in their own development and encourages them to take ownership of their decisions and actions.
Compassionate and engaged world citizens.
Our students are part of a global learning community that includes peers and teachers from around the world. They take part in exciting international opportunities, including:
- International travel
- Global problem-solving classes
- Student exchange programs
- International sports competitions and fine arts festivals
Together, these occasions create a rich tapestry of experiences that promote critical thinking, cultural literacy and international friendships.